[meta-freescale] Wayland performance on iMX6

Vincent Cesson vincent.cesson at openwide.fr
Tue Dec 2 07:38:38 PST 2014

Dear all,

I am testing Qt Cinematic Experience on a Sabrelite (iMX6). Kernel version is 3.10.17, Wayland 1.5.0, Qt 5.3.2. Branches: meta-fsl-arm: dizzy, meta-qt5: dizzy. I use LCD8000-97C display (1024x768) on LVDS output.

Here are the performances I reach:
 - with eglfs (using option "-platform eglfs"):
Performances are quite ok, from 48 FPS with graphical effects to 75 FPS when all effects are disabled.

 - with Wayland (using option "-platform wayland-egl"):
Performances are really bad. Application is slow and FPS are wrong (always displaying 62 FPS, definitely wrong...).

I know some others faced the same issue (https://community.freescale.com/thread/333193, or opposite issue: https://www.marshut.net/iyismy/performance-of-platform-wayland-vs-eglfs.html).
If anyone made a similar test, it could be interesting to share the performance you got.

I was also wondering if it is possible to get any debug information from vivante gpu driver.

Regards,

Vincent Cesson - Open Wide Ingénierie
http://ingenierie.openwide.fr