[meta-freescale] Deploying U-Boot on empty NAND (imx28evk)

Per Smitt per.smitt at sbie.se
Wed Aug 27 01:50:27 PDT 2014

Le Tue, 26 Aug 2014 13:40:23 +0000,
Per Smitt <per.smitt at sbie.se> a écrit :

>> Hi
>>
>> I am working with an imx28evk to build a Linux platform for a customer. I have been able to get Linux running on the board both with SD and nand. To run on nand I had to use MfgTool to write U-Boot to the nand.
>>
> what is the NAND flash you are using ?
> You may need to tune some parameters and values depending on the flash.
>
> Eric

You are quite correct. I had forgotten to setup the MXSBOOT_NAND_ARGS with the correct values for my flash. I had not considered this since the MfgTool had been able to flash the device with the .sb file. Since the .sb file is an input to the mxsboot command I figured it did not matter at this stage.

I have not been able to get U-Boot to write a bootloader using the .sb file like MfgTool does, however with the mxsboot parameters set I could flash the nand-file using the U-Boot script update_nand_firmware_full.

Many thanks for the help!

/Per