[meta-freescale] consultion about Yocto Project 3.10.17-1.0.0_GA kernel

Jonas Rydow jrydow at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 04:33:30 PDT 2014

Hi,
If you started here: https://github.com/Freescale/fsl-community-bsp-platform

you would have a directory called
fsl-community-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-arm/recipes-kernel/linux/ where you will
find several recipes for freescale boards.

When you have bitbaked for your board you will find that the source of the
built kernel is somewhere under build/tmp/work/..[depends on
board]../linux../git as desribed in
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.6/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#finding-the-temporary-source-code
What is actually built and depends on what MACHINE is set to in local.conf.
As far as I know there is no Yocto Project 3.10.17-1.0.0_GA, the GA kernels
are from freescale.

What do you mean when you say that you fetched the Yocto Project
3.10.17-1.0.0_GA kernel? Bitbake fetches a kernel for you when you build.

What do you mean when you say that it is for x86? The source code contains
code for many architectures, that is normal.

Which freescale arm board are you using, did you set the correct MACHINE
for that board? Are you able to boot your board?

Please try to read the documentation that I pointed out, there are also
several pages describing how to build for different boards, try a google
search.

Otherwise if you just want the source it can be found here: git://
git.freescale.com/imx/linux-2.6-imx.git according to
meta-fsl-arm/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-imx.inc

Regards
Jonas

http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.6/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#configuring-the-kernel

http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.6/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#finding-the-kernel-source-code

> Last week,i have tried what you have told me to do and i fetch the  Yocto
Project 3.10.17-1.0.0_GA kernel,but i found it is for X86,but i want the
kernel for freescale arm board。
> Waiting for your reply!
>

> Best Regards
>
> ------------------
> Lian jianfei
> 5F, No.15, Ke Hui 2nd Street, Ke Hui Development Centre Science Avenue,
Science City, Luo Gang District Guangzhou, China 510663

described here: https://github.com/Freescale/fsl-community-bsp-platform ?

> I did and I did not see any errors when I ran bitbake linux-imx -c
menuconfig a few weeks ago.

> Regards
> Jonas
>

> On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 11:09 AM, lianjf at ava.com.cn <lianjf at ava.com.cn>
wrote:

>> Hi ,
>> Thanks for your reply.I follow the step of "there is information in the
yocto manual on how to compile the kernel",the website is :
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.6/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#configuring-the-kernel,but
i met a problem,when i run the command "bitbake linux-yocto -c
menuconfig“,something goes wrong:

>> fei at fei-virtual-machine:~/sources/poky/build$ bitbake linux-yocto -c
menuconfig

>> ERROR: Error parsing configuration files
>>
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>
>>   File "/home/fei/sources/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/cookerdata.py", line 227,
in CookerDataBuilder.parseBaseConfiguration():

>>              try:
>>
>>     >            self.parseConfigurationFiles(self.prefiles,
self.postfiles)

>>              except SyntaxError:
>>
>>   File "/home/fei/sources/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/cookerdata.py", line 289,
in CookerDataBuilder.parseConfigurationFiles(prefiles=[], postfiles=[]):

>>              if data.getVar("BB_WORKERCONTEXT", False) is None:
>>
>>     >            bb.fetch.fetcher_init(data)
>>
>>              bb.codeparser.parser_cache_init(data)
>>
>>   File "/home/fei/sources/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/fetch2/__init__.py", line
472, in fetcher_init(d=<bb.data_smart.DataSmart object at 0xb6c213ac>):

>>                  pass
>>
>>     >        revs.clear()
>>
>>          else:
>>
>>   File "/home/fei/sources/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/persist_data.py", line
147, in SQLTable.clear():

>>          def clear(self):
>>
>>     >        self._execute("DELETE FROM %s;" % self.table)
>>

>>   File "/home/fei/sources/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/persist_data.py", line 66,
in SQLTable._execute(*query=('DELETE FROM BB_URI_HEADREVS;',)):

>>                  try:
>>
>>     >                return self.cursor.execute(*query)
>>
>>                  except sqlite3.OperationalError as exc:
>>
>> OperationalError: attempt to write a readonly database

>> Any help would be appreciated.
>>

>> Best Regards
>>
>> ------------------
>> Lian jianfei
>> 5F, No.15, Ke Hui 2nd Street, Ke Hui Development Centre Science Avenue,
Science City, Luo Gang District Guangzhou, China 510663
>> TEL: 15989094327
>> Email: lianjf at ava.com.cn
>>

>> From: Jonas Rydow
>> Date: 2014-08-18 16:27
>> To: lianjf at ava.com.cn
>> Subject: Re: [meta-freescale] consultion about Yocto Project
3.10.17-1.0.0_GA kernel
>> Hi,
>> if you have started from here:
>> https://github.com/Freescale/fsl-community-bsp-platform
>>
>> then there is information in the yocto manual on how to compile the
kernel:

http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.6/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#configuring-the-kernel
>> and especially here where to find the downloaded source

http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.6/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#finding-the-kernel-source-code

>> Jonas
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 8:23 AM, lianjf at ava.com.cn <lianjf at ava.com.cn>
wrote:

>>> Hi ,
>>>
>>> Can anyone tell me how to get the source code kernel of Yocto Project
3.10.17-1.0.0_GA,in which i can make menuconfig and compile the kernel.