[meta-freescale] Qt5 experience on i.MX 6 is great!

Christoph Settgast christoph.settgast at methodpark.de
Thu Aug 21 02:15:30 PDT 2014

Hello!

I would like to say thank you to this list for the i.MX community BSP.
So far this has been the best Yocto experience and I would like to
highlight some parts:

- Qt 5.2 with hardware-accelerated QML works as expected
- QtMultimedia works well with hardware-accelerated video (mp4,aac) from
QML with gstreamer

As an application developer this is really great, because I can
concentrate on the application logic inside Qt and don't need to focus
on low-level details of the GPU, VPU etc.

One other thing I'd like to mention: The upstreaming work for bug fixes
was very good, all patches were commented quickly and accepted quickly
as well. Thats really appreciated!

So thanks for all that work which is necessary to make the experience
that good,
Christoph