[meta-freescale] pciutils doesn't install setpci

zhenhua.luo at freescale.com zhenhua.luo at freescale.com
Wed Aug 20 23:41:09 PDT 2014

Please see my inline reply.

Best Regards,

Zhenhua

From: meta-freescale-bounces at yoctoproject.org [mailto:meta-freescale-bounces at yoctoproject.org] On Behalf Of Vigneshwaren Sankaran
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2014 5:30 PM
To: meta-freescale at yoctoproject.org
Subject: [meta-freescale] pciutils doesn't install setpci

I am using yocto sdk 1.4 (for a T420 rev 1 board). I checked the pciutils package. The version of lspci installed, seem to be missing a lot of options (only -mk is available). Do I need any kernel config to enable all other options.
[Luo Zhenhua-B19537] pciutils is the build dependency of udev, so it is built, but it is not packaged in rootfs by default, the lspci utility with limited parameters is provided by busybox.

Also the package seems to build the setpci utility but is not included within the distribution.
The do_install() function has the lines

                 install -d ${D}${bindir}
                 ln -s ../sbin/lspci ${D}${bindir}/lspci

But setpci alone isnt copied.

 How do I enable this?
[Luo Zhenhua-B19537] Add following line in local.conf to add pciutils in rootfs.
              IMAGE_INSTALL_append = “ pciutils”

Thanks ion advance.