[meta-freescale] i.MX 3.10.31-1.1.0_beta release - community feedback requested

Daiane Angolini daiane.list at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 06:31:12 PDT 2014

I think a lot has been said, and I agree with arguments from both
sides. I´ve been talking to Otavio and Lauren directly as well, and I
decided to be the last one to say something.

As community, we must think about ourselves, what are the guidelines
that (hum) guides us. And I´ve been trying to factor the most
important goals we would have. I don´t know if it´s right or complete,
but I made my list:

* stable branch is stable
* we are part of Yocto Project

We are part of Yocto Project. Freescale release/layer is not part of
Yocto Project. meta-fsl-bsp-release does not need to follow the Yocto
Project release schedule. We do.

I remember this is not the first time we discuss how stable should we
keep our next stable branch with the price of having the latest. And,
I don´t think this is the last.

One can say we must decide each release, case by case. However, I
don´t want to spend my time again talking about this again next
release. Again. For me, it´s clear that Freescale not being part of
Yocto Project is what causes this mismatch of release dates, and until
they realize we follow YP release timing, we will keep spending time
in the same discussion. I really prefer chocolate cake, seriously.

Otavio, I think everyone gave the 2 cents needed. We have already
money for a coxinha here. With my 2 cents we can buy the refri and
make a party. Can you, please, start a new clean thread for us to
formalize the votes and count it precisely? (only votes, please, more
arguments can be shared in this thread)

I formalize my vote there.

Please, let me know what you think.

Daiane