[meta-freescale] packagegroup-fsl-tools-gpu vs gpu-viv-bin-mx6q

Pushpal Sidhu psidhu at gateworks.com
Mon Aug 18 13:55:30 PDT 2014

Hi, thanks for responding. Sorry for the late reply, I needed to
update my mail filters.

> Hello,
>
> On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 1:06 PM, Pushpal Sidhu <psidhu at gateworks.com> wrote:
>> When including gpu-viv-bin-mx6q and the packagegroup-fsl-gstreamer packages,
>> the board begins to behave very strange.
>>
>> For example, applications such as 'wget' and 'gst-inspect' will segfault
>> immediately. Running find on the /sys directory will result in a segfault. I
>> also noted that during kernel boot, there are several segfaults through
>> udevd.
>>
>> However, when I include the packagegroup-fsl-tools-gpu package (which
>> includes gpu-viv-bin-mx6q, gpu-viv-g2d as rdepends), I don't see the
>> problem.
>>
>> Note that this occurs only on the i.mx6q processor, though not across
>> multiple products. Meaning, one product with the i.mx6q processor exhibited
>> the problem, while another with the same processor did not. Also, I included
>> the gpu-viv-bin-mx6q package as an IMAGE_INCLUDE (not sure if pertinent?),
>> but the packagegroup includes them as RDEPENDS.
>>
>> Any help on this issue is greatly appreciated, thanks.
>
> Are you using read-only rootfs?
>
> How much free space you got in the partitions, once you boot it?

I have plenty of free space. I have at least 25% on a UBIFS which, to
my understanding, means that there is at least that much free space
available on the NAND flash.

After exploring this issue some more, it seems that there is an LDO
configuration issue. This board does not have a driver for controlling
the pmic and therefore can't be put into bypass mode (which is how it
is wired). I will consider this thread moot since it doesn't really
have anything to do with the different packages included. Thanks for
your help, Otavio.

- Pushpal