[meta-freescale] Out-tree module not installed

filip.ghimpeteanu at freescale.com filip.ghimpeteanu at freescale.com
Mon Aug 18 06:49:32 PDT 2014

Hello,

I am using git as the fetcher for the source code. Bitbake unpacks my files under
"${WORKDIR}/git", compiles my module there but it does not place my .ko file under
"images/lib", which finaly leads to not having a .ko file under my final RFS.

The recipe (user-draw-mod) is added in my local.conf to both MACHINE_ESSENTIAL_EXTRA_RRECOMMENDS and
MACHINE_ESSENTIAL_EXTRA_RDEPENDS:

-----------
local.conf

MACHINE_ESSENTIAL_EXTRA_RRECOMMENDS += "\
    helloworld-binary \
    helloworld-source \
    helloworld-remote \
    helloworld-remote-source \
    hello-mod \
    user-draw \
    user-draw-mod \
    "

MACHINE_ESSENTIAL_EXTRA_RDEPENDS += "\
    user-draw-mod \
    "

This is my recipe:

--------------------
user-draw-mod_0.0.bb

inherit module

PR = "r5"
PV = "0.0"

SRC_URI = "git://my-git-repo/kernel_draw-application-2.git;protocol=git;branch=final"
SRCREV="${AUTOREV}"

S = "${WORKDIR}/git"

module_autoload_user-draw = "user-draw"

# The inherit of module.bbclass will automatically name module packages with
# "kernel-module-" prefix as required by the oe-core build environment.