[meta-freescale] vpu on imx6 solo

Angolini Daiane-b19406 b19406 at freescale.com
Tue Aug 12 08:14:56 PDT 2014

On 12-08-2014 12:18, Pierre Eliotec wrote:
> hello,
>
> I tried this image with the same result (Illegal instruction)
> I am on daisy, I made no change on the toolchain. Compared to the
> imx6solosabresd, i just changed the uart line to match my board:
> SERIAL_CONSOLE = "115200 ttymxc1"

I think Illegal Instruction error is more regarding binary
incompatibility than IP incompatibility

I mean, I would expect another kind of error in case it is a dts mismatch.

> Then, I made changes in the device tree to disable all the IPs I'm not
> using, enabling hdmi output only and enabling uart2.
> Are the imx6solo and imx6dl VPU completely identical?

The difference is number of cores and amount of RAM memory. And those
are covered by the machine conf files in meta-fsl-arm

However I don't have a mx6solo machine I can test, anyway

Daiane