[meta-freescale] Can't select my own Kernel source

Max Krummenacher max.oss.09 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 03:05:44 PDT 2014

Hi Filip

> #   "linux-yocto-myproj"
> PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel="linux-yocto-myproj"
>
> So from my output it turns out that it uses my version. Right?

Yes.
Actually it only verifies that the variable is correctly set and that
the reason it does not use your version is somewhere else.

What you could also try is to build your kernel recipe directly to see
if bitbake actually does parse your recipe and to see if bitbake thinks
your recipe is compatible with the machine your building it for.
e.g.
MACHINE=twr-vf65gs10 bitbake linux-yocto-myproj

If bitbake does not find it
- check bblayers.conf (where your local.conf is)
- check conf/layer.conf in your layer

Regards
Max