[meta-freescale] Can't select my own Kernel source

mk max.oss.09 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 12:27:07 PDT 2014

Hi Filip

> I had both of them added to the local.conf.

You could check to what bitbake evaluates variables and from what file
it takes its decision from with the -e switch. I guess in your case
some file other than local.conf takes precedence and gets to choose
linux-timesys over linux-yocto-myproj.

e.g.
MACHINE=twr-vf65gs10 bitbake virtual/kernel -e > dump.txt

and then search in dump.txt for PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel

----
#
# $PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel [2 operations]
#   set .. meta-fsl-arm/conf/machine/include/fsl-default-providers.inc:4
#     [defaultval] "linux-imx"
#   set? .. meta-fsl-arm/conf/machine/twr-vf65gs10.conf:12
#     "linux-timesys"
# computed:
#   "linux-timesys"
PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel="linux-timesys"
----

Regards
Max