[meta-freescale] imxq6 sabre sd locks up when starting Qt5_Cinematic experience

Gunnar Roth gunnar.roth at gmx.de
Sat Aug 2 01:00:47 PDT 2014

>>> The mmcroot issue was fixed in master; so please update and confirm it
>>> works for you.
>>
>> Hmm i built on top of
>> which says
>> main] 6ef8db67df3436a463851ff95dcfb6a66132f3c0 - commit 1 of 1196 (0%)
>> commit 6ef8db67df3436a463851ff95dcfb6a66132f3c0
>> Refs: HEAD, <m/master>, <yocto/master>, 1.6-34-g6ef8db6
>> Author:     Otavio Salvador <otavio at ossystems.com.br>
>> AuthorDate: Mon Jul 28 12:16:42 2014 -0300
>> Commit:     Otavio Salvador <otavio at ossystems.com.br>
>> CommitDate: Mon Jul 28 12:16:42 2014 -0300
>>
>>    u-boot-fslc: Update to 7a3b1da revision
>>
>>    This includes the following changes:
>>
>>    7a3b1da mx6sabresd: Use mmcblk0 for CONFIG_MMCROOT
>>

>> So i would assume them  mmcblk0 issue should be fixed in my build. I read about that change here and made an update and bitbaked again.
>> But it is not yet working for me.
>
> Have you used the .sdcard file? if not, do:
>
>> env default -f -a
>> saveenv
>
> inside U-Boot and give it a new try.

Yes always write the .sdcard file to my sdcard and boot from this. To be honest i don’t know what i can do otherwise.
Btw how can i define the size of the rootfs , so to have more space available? Right now i always did a resize of the partition afterwards,
but somehow i must be able to give the size of the roots including free space.

>>> The fdt_file is indeed a bug and we're after the root cause of it as
>>> the 2014.07 version of U-Boot includes the PMIC support.
>>
>> so this is about powermanagment device volatage regulator and we want to use device tree without ldo? well i have only a very very small knowledge of this stuff.
>> But would it be possible to set back in git to the ldo ftd as long as imx6q-sabresd.dtb does not work? That was a really bad linux experience for me.
>
> We're trying to narrow down the root cause and fix it.
>
> Please use don't rely on master for products as those things happen
> during the development; your best bet is daisy as it is the current
> stable release.

Yes that is right, but i need qt 5.3.1 which actually is the latest stable release of qt and meta-qt5 does support this only with master branch and there they use streamer 1.0 which is not in daisy, at least i got compile errors when mixing daisy and meta-qt5 master.
But as i saw in other messages here   imx6q-sabresd-ldo.dtb  will be used for now. I will pull next week and see if it works.
Best regards,
Gunnar