[meta-freescale] [ANN] FSL Test Plan Announcement 1.6 | imx53qsb + qt5.2

Gianluca Cinci gianluca.cinci at giuneco.it
Tue Apr 15 07:34:03 PDT 2014

Hi all, hi Diane
i tried the snapshot 20140407 (daisy) on imx53qsb.

The filesystem (ubi) boot ok , ( i must to try kernel and uboot)

My question is about qt 5.2
I compiled with this local.conf:

BB_NUMBER_THREADS ?= "${@oe.utils.cpu_count()}"
PARALLEL_MAKE ?= "-j ${@oe.utils.cpu_count()}"
MACHINE ??= 'imx53qsb'
DISTRO ?= 'poky'
PACKAGE_CLASSES ?= "package_ipk"
EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES = "debug-tweaks ssh-server-openssh"
USER_CLASSES ?= "buildstats image-mklibs image-prelink"
PATCHRESOLVE = "noop"
BB_DISKMON_DIRS = "\
     STOPTASKS,${TMPDIR},1G,100K \
     STOPTASKS,${DL_DIR},1G,100K \
     STOPTASKS,${SSTATE_DIR},1G,100K \
     ABORT,${TMPDIR},100M,1K \
     ABORT,${DL_DIR},100M,1K \
     ABORT,${SSTATE_DIR},100M,1K"
PACKAGECONFIG_pn-qemu-native = "sdl"
ASSUME_PROVIDED += "libsdl-native"
CONF_VERSION = "1"

DL_DIR ?= "${BSPDIR}/downloads/"
ACCEPT_FSL_EULA = ""

DISTRO_FEATURES_remove = "x11 wayland"

IMAGE_FSTYPES = "ubi"
MKUBIFS_ARGS = "-m 2048 -e 129024 -c 1600"
UBINIZE_ARGS = "-m 2048  -p 128KiB -s 512"
UBI_VOLNAME = "rootfs"

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = "binutils strace tslib-conf tslib-tests
tslib-calibrate openssh-sftp-server alsa-lib alsa-state
alsa-utils-alsaconf tslib fontconfig freetype opkg opkg-config-base
qtbase qtbase-fonts qtbase qtbase-tools qtbase-plugins
cinematicexperience qtserialport gstreamer gst-fsl-plugin
gst-plugins-good icu wpa-supplicant wireless-tools gdb gdbserver "

Now , after the boot process is ok , i try to run the
cinematicexperience as:

./QT5_CinematicExperience -platform eglfs

but i receive the same error of the all previous Qt5 compilation:
-------------------
EGL Error : Could not create the egl surface: error = 0x3003
Aborted

Can someone explain how this error can definitively avoid.

I know and i read some of mails and or sites posts about eglfshook patch
etc .. , but what is the mainline work about this ?
In other word , is there a replicable workaround/patch for daisy release?

Thank all for your work
Gianluca Cinci | Giuneco s.r.l.

P.S. @ Travor Woerner (imx53 mainter) :
if you want  i can send some feedback about yocto + imx53qsb