[meta-freescale] SX-SDCAN Ath6kl firmware

Morgan McKenzie rmtm at uvic.ca
Wed Apr 9 20:08:20 PDT 2014

Hi Otavio,

I'm sorry I left this on the backburner for so long - I solved the problem a little while ago and I've been meaning to send this and just haven't had the chance.

I've managed to solve the issue to my satisfaction; I have the board booting and reliably connecting to wifi. However, I don't think that the way I did it would qualify at all for being put back into the repo. For anyone else who might be having/might have the issue, this would probably help though...
in blacklist.conf, which goes in /etc/modprobe.d/:>    install ath6kl /bin/false(note that just doing an ordinary blacklist actually still resulted in it trying to load when the sdio was recognized, which caused the boot sequence to hang for 60 seconds as the module searched for the board data file, so I had to force it to fail...)
And then in an init file, which ignores the blacklist:>   modprobe --ignore-install ath6kl

--Morgan