[meta-freescale] Kernel Configure

Morgan McKenzie rmtm at uvic.ca
Wed Apr 9 19:58:12 PDT 2014

Hi,
I've just been looking into configuring the kernel for my board. I've read the documentation at https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-95045 so I know how to do it; I'm just curious about something.
In the yocto documentation, they say to add to the kernel configuration you can simply use configuration fragments http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.5.1/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#creating-config-fragments rather than having to replace the entire defconfig; this would be much preferable to me as I'm trying to make my development code in its' own recipes and not have various changes needed to be made manually (for now I will probably just make my own defconfig and have it overwrite the one being copied from the freescale portion).

I took a look at the run.do_configure/compile, etc in the build directory for linux-imx and saw that there wasn't any mention of .cfg. Is the .cfg file way of doing it something that will eventually be brought into the imx code, or am I just missing something? Or is there another recommended way I've missed?
Regards,
Morgan McKenzie