[meta-freescale] Trouble including firmware-imx

Stuart Weaver stuart.weaver at port.ac.uk
Mon Apr 7 07:46:06 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a rootfs using my own image file but including the
freescale firmware so that I can include vpu functionality etc. However,
when I try a simple:

gst-launch videotestsrc num-buffers=200 ! vpuenc codec=6 ! filesink
location=test.264

I get

[ERR]     Error in opening firmware binary file

[ERR]     Please put bin file to /lib/firmware/vpu folder or export
VPU_FW_PATH env

Obviously I'm not including the binary into the yocto build as there isn't
even a firmware folder in the rootfs. However the following is my image
file:

include recipes-core/images/core-image-minimal.bb

IMAGE_FEATURES += "debug-tweaks hwcodecs ssh-server-dropbear"

DISTRO_FEATURES += "pulseaudio"

SOC_EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES ?= "tools-testapps"

# Add extra image features

EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES += " \

    ${SOC_EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES} \

    nfs-server \

    tools-debug \

    tools-profile \

"

IMAGE_INSTALL += " \

    packagegroup-core-basic \

    packagegroup-core-directfb \

    packagegroup-fsl-gstreamer \

    packagegroup-fsl-gstreamer-streamer \

    packagegroup-fsl-tools-testapps \

    packagegroup-fsl-tools-benchmark \

    gpu-viv-bin-mx6q \

    alsa-utils \

    alsa-tools \

    libfslcodec \

    libfslparser \

    libfslvpuwrap \

    firmware-imx \

    imx-lib \

    imx-test \

    imx-vpu \

"

export IMAGE_BASENAME = "fsl-my-image"

As can be seen I'm including the firmware-imx package in the IMAGE_INSTALL
section? Does anyway know what I could be doing wrong to stop it being
included?

Regards,

Stu