[meta-freescale] Chromium gpu hardware acceleration

PAPARO Nino (MM) nino.paparo at magnetimarelli.com
Fri Apr 4 08:49:10 PDT 2014

Hello,

Is it possible to run chromium 29 with gpu hardware acceleration on an imx6 sabre lite board?
I'm running a custom x11 based image created using the master branch version of the meta-fsl-arm and the meta-browser layer.
I'm able to run chromium, but if I enter
Chrome://gpu
These are the results I get.
Graphics Feature Status

 *   Canvas: Software only, hardware acceleration unavailable
 *   Compositing: Software only, hardware acceleration unavailable
 *   3D CSS: Unavailable. Hardware acceleration unavailable
 *   CSS Animation: Software only, hardware acceleration unavailable
 *   WebGL: Unavailable. Hardware acceleration unavailable
 *   WebGL multisampling: Unavailable. Hardware acceleration unavailable
 *   Flash 3D: Unavailable. Hardware acceleration unavailable
 *   Flash Stage3D: Unavailable. Hardware acceleration unavailable
 *   Flash Stage3D Baseline profile: Unavailable. Hardware acceleration unavailable
 *   Texture Sharing: Unavailable. Hardware acceleration unavailable
 *   Video Decode: Software only, hardware acceleration unavailable
 *   Video: Software only, hardware acceleration unavailable
 *   Panel Fitting: Unavailable. Hardware acceleration disabled.
 *   Rasterization: Software only. Hardware acceleration disabled.

Problems Detected

 *   GPU process was unable to boot: GPU process launch failed.
 *   GL driver is software rendered. Accelerated compositing is disabled.: 59302<http://crbug.com/59302>
 *   Mesa drivers in linux older than 7.11 are assumed to be buggy.
 *   Accelerated 2d canvas is unstable in Linux at the moment.
 *   ATI/AMD cards with older drivers in Linux are crash-prone.: 95934<http://crbug.com/95934>, 94973<http://crbug.com/94973>, 136240<http://crbug.com/136240>
 *   ATI/AMD cards with third-party drivers in Linux are crash-prone.: 95934<http://crbug.com/95934>, 94973<http://crbug.com/94973>
 *   ATI/AMD cards with third-party drivers in Linux are crash-prone.: 95934<http://crbug.com/95934>, 94973<http://crbug.com/94973>
 *   Stage3D is not supported on Linux.: 129848<http://crbug.com/129848>
 *   Accelerated video decode is unavailable on Mac and Linux.: 137247<http://crbug.com/137247>, 133828<http://crbug.com/133828>
 *   Disable VMware software renderer.: 145531<http://crbug.com/145531>
 *   Enable panel fitting capability on ChromeOS only on IVB and SNB Graphics Controllers.
 *   Panel fitting is unavailable, either disabled at the command line or not supported by the current system.
 *   Accelerated rasterization has not been enabled or is not supported by the current system.
Version Information
Data exported

1/1/1970 12:10:39 AM

Chrome version

Chrome/29.0.1518.2

Operating system

Linux 3.10.17-g2d5087d

Software rendering list version

6.0

ANGLE revision

2245

2D graphics backend

Skia

Driver Information
Initialization time

0

Sandboxed

false

GPU0

VENDOR = 0x0000, DEVICE= 0x0000

Optimus

false

AMD switchable

false

Driver vendor

Driver version

Driver date

Pixel shader version

Vertex shader version

Machine model

GL version

GL_VENDOR

GL_RENDERER

GL_VERSION

GL_EXTENSIONS

Log Messages

 *   GpuProcessHostUIShim: The GPU process exited normally. Everything is okay.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.
Regards,

Nino Paparo
Magneti Marelli Electronic Systems USA L.L.C.
[cid:image001.png at 01CF4FFB.E46A48B0]    nino.paparo at magnetimarelli.com<mailto:nino.paparo at magnetimarelli.com>