[meta-freescale] imx53 linux-fslc

Janis Coders janis.coders at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 02:14:26 PDT 2014

Hi I've got a situation where I need to use a newer version of Linux
kernel, but unfortunatelly by default the imx53 stable version is
2.6.35. I've configured local.conf to use the upstream kernel (which is
version 3.12):

PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel = "linux-fslc"

Everything is fine except the booting seems like to stop at sdma/vpu error:

drivers/rtc/hctosys.c: unable to open rtc device (rtc0)
imx-drm imx-drm: No connectors reported connected with modes
[drm] Cannot find any crtc or sizes - going 1024x768
Console: switching to colour frame buffer device 128x48
imx-drm imx-drm: fb0:  frame buffer device
imx-drm imx-drm: registered panic notifier
ALSA device list:
   #0: imx53-qsb-sgtl5000
mmc1: BKOPS_EN bit is not set
Waiting for root device /dev/mmcblk1p2...
mmc1: new high speed MMC card at address 0001
mmcblk0: mmc1:0001 HYNIX  3.60 GiB
mmcblk0boot0: mmc1:0001 HYNIX  partition 1 2.00 MiB
mmcblk0boot1: mmc1:0001 HYNIX  partition 2 2.00 MiB
mmcblk0rpmb: mmc1:0001 HYNIX  partition 3 2.00 MiB
  mmcblk0: unknown partition table
  mmcblk0boot1: unknown partition table
  mmcblk0boot0: unknown partition table
usb 2-1: new high-speed USB device number 2 using ci_hdrc
hub 2-1:1.0: USB hub found
hub 2-1:1.0: 4 ports detected
imx-sdma 63fb0000.sdma: firmware not found
coda 63ff4000.vpu: firmware request failed

And then it hangs and nothing gets printed. What is this error? Is it
critical and kernel stops booting? How can I know if it really proceeds,
because I need to get to login prompt?

Thankyou