[meta-freescale] Chromium acceleration

Boszormenyi Zoltan zboszor at pr.hu
Wed Apr 2 04:12:18 PDT 2014

> On 2014-04-02 12:21, Boszormenyi Zoltan wrote:
>> Hi,

>>> Mahyar updated these patches to apply against the chromium-35.0.1883.0
>>> build currently in meta-browser.
>>>
>>> Additional notes to follow, but this appears to achieve HTML5 video
>>> against Webm/Ogg videos when chromium is started with these command
>>> line arguments:
>>>      --ignore-gpu-blacklist --enable-gpu --usegl-egl
>>
>> you meant "--use-gl=egl".
>>
>> I have rebuilt Chromium with these patches. The result cannot play a short MP4 video
>> from a file:// URL.
>> The console output is very suspicious, libGAL complains about a missing ID file that
>> actually exists.
>> The image about the console is attached.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Zoltán Böszörményi
>>

> The VPU part could be because of missing firmware. Check if the vpu files are present in
> /lib/firmware.

I have /lib/firmware/vpu/vpu_fw_imxq6.bin, size 253968, the last 6 digits of md5sum is e8debf.

> As for MP4, this is a known problem. You are building Chromium, not Chrome. MP4 support
> is part of the restricted feature set, which is included in Chrome but not Chromium. Try
> a WebM file for example.

I tried these:

1. http://www.webmfiles.org/demo-files/
The webm examples play nicely, even scaled to full screen.

2. http://devfiles.myopera.com/articles/1891/custom-controls-webm-720p.html
It's the same "Elephants Dream" as one of the examples in (1) but at 720p.
It pays nicely in the browser control but it's a slideshow as full screen.

On the other hand, gstreamer 0.10 with gst-fsl-plugin and its gst-fsl-plugin-gplay
subpackage, gplay plays a 720p and a 1080p H.264 test file very well without tearing.

Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi