[meta-freescale] weston demos are not accessible by default

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Tue Apr 1 12:54:32 PDT 2014

Hi,

On 1 April 2014 20:47, Daiane.Angolini at freescale.com
<Daiane.Angolini at freescale.com> wrote:
> I´m not launching the demos from Weston inside. I´m launching them from console/serial.
>
> So I suppose not having the XDG_RUNTIME_DIR defined is the "default behavior"

That's right.  You can enable PAM and integrate pam_xdg_support
(something along those lines, anyway) that will create and set
XDG_RUNTIME_DIR for you on login, or use systemd+logind, or many other
ways to do it automatically, but if you use good old sysvinit and a
basic init script then you need to set XDG_RUNTIME_DIR yourself (or
set it in the system-wide login scripts).

Ross