[meta-freescale] Yacto rootfs: multi-touch message cannot handled by "close" button

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Sun Sep 29 18:14:19 PDT 2013

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 01:24:59PM +0000, Duan Fugang-B38611 wrote:
> From: Eric Bénard [mailto:eric at eukrea.com]
> Data: Thursday, September 26, 2013 5:46 PM
>
> > To: Duan Fugang-B38611
> > Cc: Burton, Ross; meta-freescale at yoctoproject.org; peter.hutterer at who-
> > t.net; Rutledge Shawn
> > Subject: Re: [meta-freescale] Yacto rootfs: multi-touch message cannot
> > handled by "close" button
> >
> > Hi Duan,
> >
> > Le Thu, 26 Sep 2013 09:25:12 +0000,
> > Duan Fugang-B38611 <B38611 at freescale.com> a écrit :
> > > There have some xorg log: (Which shows the touch can be recognized by
> > evdev)
> > >
> > Ross asked you to launch xev from your console and touch the screen in
> > the xev window so that you can provide xev's log to understand your
> > problem.
> >
> > More info about xev :
> > http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/hardy/man1/xev.1.html
> >
> > Eric
>
> I had sent out the test result as the previous email as attached mail.
>
> Thanks,
> Andy

> Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 09:19:12 +0000
> From: Duan Fugang-B38611 <B38611 at freescale.com>
> To: "Burton, Ross" <ross.burton at intel.com>
> CC: "peter.hutterer at who-t.net" <peter.hutterer at who-t.net>, Rutledge Shawn
>  <Shawn.Rutledge at digia.com>, "meta-freescale at yoctoproject.org"
> Subject: RE: Yacto rootfs: multi-touch message cannot handled by "close"
>  button
>
> From: Burton, Ross [mailto:ross.burton at intel.com]
> Data: Thursday, September 26, 2013 4:51 PM
>
> > To: Duan Fugang-B38611
> > Cc: peter.hutterer at who-t.net; Rutledge Shawn; meta-
> > freescale at yoctoproject.org
> > Subject: Re: Yacto rootfs: multi-touch message cannot handled by
> > "close" button
> >
> > On 26 September 2013 09:46, Duan Fugang-B38611 <B38611 at freescale.com>
> > wrote:
> > > Ross, thanks for your quick response.
> > >
> > > Why the touch can be recognized in the single  touch mode ? Since the
> > > driver is similar the same except report event types.
> > >
> > > And, how to validate whether the touch can be recognized ?
> >
> > I don't know why it can't be recognised in multitouch, and unless you
> > send me your hardware I can't tell you.  That's what we're attempting
> > to debug over email.
> >
> My hardware:
> Board: Imx6q sabresd
> Touchscreen: hannStar display with egalax i2c touchscreen
>

> > As far as xev is concerned there should be zero difference between
> > using a mouse to click in the window, and using the touchscreen.  Try
> > all combinations of pressing/clicking in the xev window, and report
> > back.
> >
> > Ross
>
> For EGALAX MULTI TOUCH:
> o       When click the “X” icon to close window,  the window cannot be closed, and print the log: (picture #1)
>         LeaveNotify event, serial 28, synthetic NO, window 0x1000001,
> [...]

xev only listens to windows in the white area. the window decorations are
provided by the window manager, which should also handle the event on the
close button. if your WM is QT based, maybe QT has some debugging options
you can enable? I'm not sure off-heart.

you can also look into hooking up systemtap do debug which events are
actually sent by the server, this should at least give you a hint of what
the server does and where the problem lies.

Cheers,
   Peter