[meta-freescale] Update Kernel and u-boot for GK802

Ajay Ramaswamy ajay at ramaswamy.net
Sun Sep 29 19:31:59 PDT 2013

Hi,
Here is my set of changes to the GK802 support to bring it up to the
current kernel, the current u-boot fails to compile

1. Update the u-boot to v2013.04 from freescale with abrasive's patches
http://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/imx/uboot-imx.git/tag/?id=rel_imx_3.0.35_4.1.0
and

https://github.com/imx6-dongle/uboot-imx6dongle/tree/for-upstream

I have also updated the bootcmd to try both mmc and usb and load the first
boot.scr it finds and boot from that

2. Switch the kernel to freescale 3.0.35-4.1.0 branch with jas patches from
here
https://github.com/mtx512/linux-imx/tree/imx_3.0.35_4.0.0-gk802

3. I also dropped the external rtl8192cu driver added by imx6dongle and
used the builtin driver available in the kernel, this needs the firmware
and I added that in the machine conf.

I have built and tested this here.

I need to do the following customization after making the sdcard
1. add a proper boot.scr to /boot
2. add rfkill.conf to /etc/modprobe.d/ so that the wifi is unblocked on boot

I am not much of a programmer - I just like to tinker with this stuff, so
in case there are any glaring errors please help me in fixing it.

All my files from todays build are shared here http://goo.gl/akcIBg

--

Thanks & best regards

Ajay