[meta-freescale] Gstreamer problem with mfw_isink

Jose Mª Ferreiro jose.ferreiro at horus.es
Fri Sep 27 10:39:27 PDT 2013

El 27/09/2013 17:39, Daiane Angolini escribió:
> On 09/27/2013 11:46 AM, Jose Mª Ferreiro wrote:

>>> I almost remember that this is a known issue and the fix was not
>>> backported to dylan.
>>>
>>> In other words, it's already fixed on master, but was not backported
>>> to dylan
>>>
>>> Would you mind to test using master?
>>>

>> Hello Daiane
>>
>> No problem at all. We already were testing master for another reason but
>> we were not yet able to compile it with linux-fslc (we post another
>> message before). We will try with linux-boundary and I will test this
>> there.
>
> the gst-fsl-plugins (and all its component) are not developed to be
> used with linux-fslc kernel.
>
> You can compare the two version of MM recipes (I think that the fix
> you need is from libfslcodec, but I'm not absolutely sure) and create
> the bug fix patch that installs the isink plugin when using
> linux-imx/linux-boundary kernel

Hi Daiane

The plugins were been used with linux-boundary. As I said to Lauren we
did a repo sync and now the sink is included in the dylan branch. Next
week we see how it works.

>> Just now we were testing if dylan+linux-fslc change something but the
>> result is terrible. We lost our hdmi video output and network does not
>> start neither. Trying menuconfig at linux-fslc I can see that Graphics
>> support options are very different from linux-boundary graph options. We
>> were starting to fear that linux.fslc has no very good support for our
>> iMX6Q Sabre Lite. Can it be possible? Or it is more possible we have a
>> problem with our yocto configuration?
>
> Kernel from mainline (linux-fslc) does not have GPU support as-is. If
> you must use that kernel you will need to include GPU support by your
> own. So, this is the normal behavior.
>
> For HDMI, last new I've heard is that the patch to add this was sent
> and was under review/approval.
>
> Bear on mind that linux-fslc is a copy of kernel.org kernel, and this
> is not the kernel Freescale supports (or BD)

Oh! I am shocked .. . again :) I thought linux-fslc was the kernel used
by Freescale TLIB people. I cand find many posts where they are working
with gstreamer.  As you can see, I am very lost in this labyrinthic
forest full of roots, trees and branches :)

Thank you again