[meta-freescale] Yacto rootfs: multi-touch message cannot handled by "close" button

Duan Fugang-B38611 B38611 at freescale.com
Mon Sep 16 18:46:01 PDT 2013

From: Otavio Salvador <otavio at ossystems.com.br>
Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2013 12:32 AM

> To: Duan Fugang-B38611; Burton, Ross
> Cc: Daiane Angolini; meta-freescale at yoctoproject.org
> Subject: Re: [meta-freescale] Yacto rootfs: multi-touch message cannot
> handled by "close" button
>
> On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 1:31 AM, Duan Fugang-B38611 <B38611 at freescale.com>
> wrote:
> > I make sure the calibration is ok because I re-calibrate it using
> xinput_calibretor tool.
> > When I do the touch test I run the "xinput test XX" on the background,
> the print coordinate match the point that of I touch.
> >
> > When I open the sub-windows of QT app,  there have "cancel" button on
> the right-bottom , "X" icon on the right-up region.
> > I can close the sub-windows by click the "cancel" button, but fail by
> click the "X" icon of the sub-windows.
> > The sub-window region only cover at the center of the screen.
> >
> > So, do you test the yacto touchscreen by multi-touch message ?
>
> So it may not be a Qt issue but a matchbox issue.
>
> Ross, as the Matchbox maintainer, did you see anything like this related
> to multitouch?
>
> Regards,

Thanks, Otavio.
Matchbox could enable touch if possible and then handle touch events which occur over that button, but if they instead enable touch and then only expect mouse events on their buttons, maybe that only works with some drivers and not others, or with some versions of XInput but not others.

I am not familiar with matchbox, maybe matchbox issue, maybe matchbox is configurable.

Ross, do you have any suggestion ? I have been blocked at the issue for many days.

Thanks,
Andy