[meta-freescale] gstreamer strange distorted image.

Eric Nelson eric.nelson at boundarydevices.com
Mon Sep 16 07:13:12 PDT 2013

On 09/15/2013 04:55 PM, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> Hello Leonardo,
>
> On Sun, Sep 15, 2013 at 1:52 AM, Sandoval Gonzalez Leonardo-B42214
> <B42214 at freescale.com> wrote:
>> Are you displaying it on HDMI? is it a high resolution video? If both yes,
>> it is a known issue and there is a fix for it on the community.
>
> Please send a patch so we avoid this problem for other users; Dennis,
> please report a bug in bugzilla so this is not forgotten.

Hi Otavio,

I also didn't find a fix on i.MX Community, but we narrowed down
the problem and pushed a fix to our non-Android kernels (Android
doesn't use V4Lsink):

	https://github.com/boundarydevices/linux-imx6/commit/c4eb189e1cae98c5535c0a26e859a010b0c70510

We found that the driver was somehow deciding that the
display could perform a color-space conversion. I'm not
certain what types of displays can do this, but none of
ours do (including TV encoder with NTSC/PAL output).

Regards,

Eric