[meta-freescale] gstreamer strange distorted image.

Dennis Han jshan at live.co.kr
Mon Sep 16 07:05:32 PDT 2013

Well, I just solved (?) my issue.

But, I don't think it would be the correct fix.

Anyway, I want to explain the reason for distorted images.
There is mxc_fbi->fb_pix_fmt value in mxc_ipuv3_fb.c taking from u-boot
parameter.
So, default would be IPU_PIX_FMT_RGB24 like mine. (if set HDMI).

Almost every video clips I have tested ok and not distorted.
In kernel ipu fb driver, It doesn't change the format while v4l update
(crop, panning resize)
Yes, this time, ipu fb stream is IPU_PIX_FMT_RGB24 format.

But the video clip that I attached before not like those.
And it suddenly changed to NV12 format while v4l update.
I don't know why. Somebody explain to me.

So, I changed to the code to recheck the pixel format when
_setup_disp_channel1 and set it to mxc_fbi->fb_pix_fmt.
After that the video clip is normally displaying and no more distorted.

Any comment would be appreciated.