[meta-freescale] PACKAGECONFIG ?

Daiane Angolini daiane.list at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 05:31:55 PDT 2013

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 8:19 PM, JC <jc at vtkloud.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm sorry about that, but it's impossible to find the information anywhere:

I usually like to think that I'm not here to be expert, but to rise
experts. So, please, keep
questions coming.

> In many bb files you find some "PACKAGECONFIG" variables which are configure
> options, such as the following examples:
>

> meta-multimedia/recipes-multimedia/sox/sox_14.4.0.bb:PACKAGECONFIG ??=
> "${@base_contains('DISTRO_FEATURES', 'pulseaudio', 'pulseaudio', '', d)} \
> meta-multimedia/recipes-multimedia/sox/sox_14.4.0.bb:PACKAGECONFIG[pulseaudio]
> = "--with-pulseaudio=dyn,--with-pulseaudio=no,pulseaudio,"
> meta-multimedia/recipes-multimedia/sox/sox_14.4.0.bb:PACKAGECONFIG[alsa] =
> "--with-alsa=dyn,--with-alsa=no,alsa-lib,"
> meta-multimedia/recipes-multimedia/sox/sox_14.4.0.bb:PACKAGECONFIG[wavpack]
> = "--with-wavpack=dyn,--with-wavpack=no,wavpack,"
>
> How can I tell bitbake to use / not use such options? for instance if I want
> to build sox with wavpack and without pulseaudio ?
> There's probably something I should add somewhere in my local.conf, but I
> can't figure out what.

What you would do in local.conf is:

PACKAGECONFIG_pn-sox = "alsa"
PACKAGECONFIG_pn-sox += "wavpack"

in case you want to add alsa AND wavpack (I really have no idea if
this selection makes sense together)

But, from sox_14.4.0.bb file you can see:

PACKAGECONFIG ??= "${@base_contains('DISTRO_FEATURES', 'pulseaudio',
'pulseaudio', '', d)} \
                   ${@base_contains('DISTRO_FEATURES', 'alsa', 'alsa', '', d)} \
                   magic \
"

So, PACKAGECONFIG will be automatica filled (if you don't on
local.conf) based on DISTRO_FEATURES.

At least for pulseaudio, and alsa support.

So, I think it makes sense to you avoid pulseaudio, remove it from
DISTRO_FEATURES. But it will affect your whole system.

Daiane