[meta-freescale] toolchain issue with with-libtool-sysroot unrecognized

JC jc at vtkloud.com
Tue Sep 3 14:23:40 PDT 2013

Hi,

I tried to follow the steps from the official Yocto toolchain
documentation as in :
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.4.2/adt-manual/adt-manual.html#creating-and-running-a-project-based-on-gnu-autotools

When I run the configure step, I get a warning :
configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --with-libtool-sysroot

This shouldn't be so bad, but unfortunately, because of this warning, I
get the following issue: when I try to run the generated binary, I get :

/lib/ld-linux.so.3: No such file or directory

So it's clear that because configure doesn't understand the libtool
sysroot parameter, it won't link my executable to the appropriate
library path. ld-linux.so.3 is indeed present under sysroots/lib. So if
the --with-libtool-sysroot were understood, that would work perfectly.

Has anyone any clue on this? I google the error but couldn't find any
valuable information

Regards
Jay