[meta-freescale] canbus interface issue on imx536

Simone cjb.sw.nospam at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 03:26:09 PDT 2013

Dear All,
I’m trying to build an image with CAN support for imx536 processor.
I’ve added canutils and libsocketcan to my “.bb” image file and re built the image successfully.

Now, I’m trying to test the interface, but I’m encountering some problems.
Here below the results of the setup functions:

CMD:                ip link set can0 type can bitrate 500000
RESULT:           ip: either "dev" is duplicate, or "bitrate" is garbage

CMD:                ifconfig can0 up
RESULT:           ifconfig: SIOCGIFFLAGS: No such device

I saw that “ip” command is under /bininstead of /sbin where is actually located busybox. Is this correct?
I’ve already copied the symlink to ip in /sbinbut with no difference.
Anyone have experience with canbus on imx53?

Thanks
Regards