[meta-freescale] [meta-fsl-arm]: Wayland/Weston issue with gpu-viv-bin-mx6q 3.5.7-1.0.0-alpha.2

Andy Voltz andy.voltz at timesys.com
Thu Oct 24 11:07:47 PDT 2013

Hi Lauren,

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 01:47:42PM -0400, Post Lauren-RAA013 wrote:
> Wayland Weston is fully support in 3.10.9-1.0.0 so it is better to use that version over 3.5.7. There were some additional components that needed updates for Weston to work outside of the graphics package that are in the 3.10.9-1.0.0 alpha release.  These changes are in master-next now.

Is it ill-advised to use the gpu-viv-bin-mx6q binaries with the 3.0.35-4.1.0 release? It passed a smoke test with wayland, but I haven't dug in further with X, dfb, fb.

Perhaps we'll only pull in the -wl.so libraries for 4.1.0 for now until 3.10 is non-alpha.

Also, when I tried the vivante samples in a 3.10 master-next build, they seemed to take over the framebuffer. The weston 'simple-egl' client runs in a window without an issue. Can you recommend any other tests from viv_samples, or is this pretty much expected functionality? Just trying to make sure things are working properly in our environment.

Thanks for the clarification.

Regards
--
Andy Voltz