[meta-freescale] Adding ffmpeg & mongoose to iMX6 image

Tejas Shah tpshah1 at asu.edu
Wed Oct 23 07:58:38 PDT 2013

Hello,

I am trying to create an image using yocto for iMX6 sololite board and want
to include ffmpeg & mongoose in my image.

I added ffmpeg & mongoose in conf/local.conf by using IMAGE_INSTALL_append
but while it is running, it keeps on

giving me an error that:

ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'ffmpeg'

ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'mongoose'

I need help in getting these two packages in my final image.

I have installed gst-ffmpeg in my image. Is it possible to use gst-ffmpeg
in place of ffmpeg to segment a .mp4 file into .ts file segments (HLS
segments)?

I looked up on google to find examples related to using gst-ffmpeg, but I
wasn't successful.

--
Tejas