[meta-freescale] Differences betwen Yocto and build by myself kernel.

Raul Rosetto Munoz munoz0raul at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 10:50:31 PDT 2013

Hello everyone.

I have one specific board using imx28.

I compiled an kernel "linux-fslc" for this board using yocto build system
and when I try to ping some ip notting happen.

However, I copied the git folder inside
"tmp/work/imx28evk-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-fslc/" and compiled again by my
self using this commands:

source ../../build/tmp/environment-setup-armv5te-poky-linux-gnueabi"
LDFLAGS="" make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-poky-linux-gnueabi- imx28-evk.dtb
LDFLAGS="" make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-poky-linux-gnueabi- uImage
LOADADDR=0x40008000

And with this image my ethernet work well.

I know that this informations is not enough to help me, but my question is
another one.

Why My uImage compiled with Yocto have diferent size of the other compiled
by myself. Is exactly the same code and same ".config".

Maybe if I found this, I will be able to solve this problem with ethernet.

Thanks For all Help.

--
*Raul Rosetto Muñoz*