[meta-freescale] FlexCAN not working

diego diego.gonzalez at horus.es
Fri Oct 18 04:33:36 PDT 2013

El 11/10/2013 13:28, diego escribió:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I'm trying to test FlexCAN on Sabrelite imx6 board without success.
> Those are the steps followed :
>
> 1) Comprobed that linux-imx has CAN drivers enable
> 2) Added on the  image the packages:canutils,libsocketcan and iproute2
> 3) Tested the Flex can with  canconfig and cantest.
>
> Everything seems  ok,  even I can see transmitted frames incremented.
> However there's not singnal on the oscilloscope.
>
> I don't now why is not working. Any ideas or suggestions?
>
> Thank you!

Hello,

we discovered why is not working. If you are using _*linux-imx*_ the
problem is on board-mx6q_sabrelite.c. This file is not ready to work
with TJA1040 transceiver. However, after reading the datasheet we found
the solution . Change this line :

https://github.com/imx6-dongle/linux-imx/blob/imx_3.0.35_1.1.0-hdmidongle/arch/arm/mach-mx6/board-mx6q_sabrelite.c?source=cc#L754

if  (!enable)

bitbake and that's all. It's working now on my sabre lite with socketcan.

Regards

--
Diego González González
Dpto. de Control Industrial