[meta-freescale] gstreamer 1.x freescale plugings

Eric Nelson eric.nelson at boundarydevices.com
Tue Oct 15 11:19:51 PDT 2013

Hi Daiane,

On 10/15/2013 10:44 AM, Daiane Angolini wrote:
> On 10/15/2013 02:13 PM, Alok Kumar wrote:
>> My apology for not being clear.
>> I want to use gstreamer 1.x, but it seems it appears I cannot use HW
>> acceleration (vpudec etc)  provided by free scale plugins. We wanted
>> to use RTMP and dash features from latest gstreamer.
>>
>> So, the question: How can I use imx6 HW acceleration with gstreamer 1.x ?
>
> I'm not aware any way. a new vpuenc plugin should be implememnted, I think

It seems that you forgot this thread:
	https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/meta-freescale/2013-August/004094.html

Ashwin indicated that he was going to try, and I thought Philip
published some code.

Since gstreamer-1.0 is supported in the Dora branch of Poky, integrating
should be easier.

Philip, is this still something you're working on, or have you
abandoned the effort?

Please advise,

Eric