[meta-freescale] POSIX message queue does not exist?

Joshua Kurland joshua.kurland at adtecdigital.net
Mon Oct 14 12:26:36 PDT 2013

I have posix mqueue enabled in the defconfig file in
source/meta-fsl-arm/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-imx-3.0.35/mx6q

 CONFIG_POSIX_MQUEUE=y
 CONFIG_POSIX_MQUEUE_SYSCTL=y

I used menuconfig to set the posix mqflags (bitbake -c menuconfig
linux-imx), the copied the .config from
tmp/work/wandboard_quad-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-imx/3.0.35-r37.14/git
to the defconfig file mentioned above.  I then ran bitbake -c
cleansstate linux-imx followed by bitbake myBuild.  After I loaded the
image onto an SD card and booted the board, I used mq_overview to see
if posix message queue had been added properly (mkdir mqueuetest,
mount -t mqueue none mqueuetest).  It was not found.

Am I missing a step?  My target board is the Wandboard-quad.