[meta-freescale] Building newer versions of kernel and u-boot

Daiane Angolini daiane.angolini at freescale.com
Mon Oct 14 10:36:25 PDT 2013

On 10/14/2013 02:29 PM, Flavio Castro Alves Filho wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I intend to build a newer version of U-Boot and Kernel for imx28evk.
>
> Is there any local.conf variable where I could set in order to have
> newer versions of kernel and u-boot.
>
> I did the replacemente manually, but I believe that should have an
> automatic option using Yocto.

First thing would be determinate what you call "newer version"

On master, the default linux for imx28 is 2.6.35. And it's the "newest
kernel from freescale" for this board.

If you intent to use kernel mainline, the newst version is 3.11 and you
need only to change your PREFERRED_PROVIDER, add the following line to
local.conf:

PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel = "linux-fslc"

For u-boot you are already using "newst" version as the default points
to 2013.10

What do you realy need?

--
Daiane