[meta-freescale] Kernel Copies under yocto/build/tmp/work/...

nguyen hui_cua at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 13 21:35:34 PDT 2013

Hi;

I would like to know the reason to have multiple copies under the build when the kernel is built. Take for examples under nitrogen6x-poky.../linux-boundary/3.0.35-r0/.... ;    you have the main kernel you work with under git but during the build it replicates itself under image/... , package/.... , sysroot-destdir/....

It seems that the build itself takes alot of HD space already but then if other directories; if needed to refer to the kernel; then why not using the symbolic link to the git folder instead of replicating into multiple copies. The kernel is big file and I just wonder why it is necesserasy to do it this way.

Thanks;
huicua