[meta-freescale] FlexCAN not working

Eric Nelson eric.nelson at boundarydevices.com
Fri Oct 11 08:16:12 PDT 2013

Hi Diego,

On 10/11/2013 04:28 AM, diego wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I'm trying to test FlexCAN on Sabrelite imx6 board without success.
> Those are the steps followed :
>
> 1) Comprobed that linux-imx has CAN drivers enable
> 2) Added on the  image the packages:canutils,libsocketcan and iproute2
> 3) Tested the Flex can with  canconfig and cantest.
>
> Everything seems  ok,  even I can see transmitted frames incremented.
> However there's not singnal on the oscilloscope.
>
> I don't now why is not working. Any ideas or suggestions?

Can you forward your kernel version (/proc/version) and output
of /proc/cpuinfo?

Some early versions of SABRE Lite used a discontinued Freescale
CAN PHY, and there's some code in board-mx6_nitrogen6x.c to
detect which is in use. If you're using the old board-mx6_sabrelite.c,
that detection code isn't present.

Checking dmesg will tell you:
	dmesg | grep can

https://github.com/boundarydevices/linux-imx6/blob/boundary-imx_3.0.35_4.1.0/arch/arm/mach-mx6/board-mx6_nitrogen6x.c#L1377