[meta-freescale] [RFC] default u-boot

Eric Nelson eric.nelson at boundarydevices.com
Thu Oct 10 12:35:05 PDT 2013

Hi Daiane,

On 10/10/2013 12:10 PM, Daiane Angolini wrote:
> On 10/10/2013 04:10 PM, Eric Nelson wrote:
>> Hi Otavio,
>>
>> On 10/10/2013 10:44 AM, Otavio Salvador wrote:
>>> Hello Eric,

>>> Great; this is the way to go.
>>>
>>> Could you please update the current SRCREV and PV values to match the
>>> current state?
>>>

>> This is essentially done... meta-fsl-arm-extra is only one patch behind
>> (a custom board).
>>
>> We're expecting to issue our next release after 2013.10 is finalized.
>
> is this targeting Dora as well?

U-Boot doesn't really have much of a relationship with any particular
userspace.

We use the same version to boot Android, WEC7, QNX and other O/S's.

That said, we're completely focused on Dora. As far as we can tell,
it's in much better shape on i.MX6 than Dylan.

We will address a couple of quirks in loading DT-kernels in the
next release. Notably, you currently need to set 'fdt_addr' and
'fdt_high' before using 3.5.7 or 3.10.9:

	http://boundarydevices.com/i-mx6-3-5-7-alpha-release/#comment-63691

Regards,

Eric