[meta-freescale] [RFC] default u-boot

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Thu Oct 10 12:08:01 PDT 2013

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 4:02 PM, Haakon Stende <stende at gmail.com> wrote:
> The uboot for gk802 doesn't build on yocto dora in current state. It uses
> wrong toolchain.
>
> The 4.1.0 kernel hasn't the latest vivante stuff.
> It had an older version of  4.6.9 build 1210  and not 4.6.9 build 6622 so
> xorg would not start.
> I tried using the kernel/driver/mxc/gpu-viv from and kerneltree from a build
> from wandboard-quad and made a kernel for gk802, used another uboot and with
> that I got the fsl-image-gui (using wandboard-quad as machineid) working
> with xorg.

This needs to be fixed or we should drop gk802 from the release.

It being bad supported just causes confusion and gives the impression
it is a BSP failure while in reality it is more a gk802 specific
failure.

Is someone willing to step in and properly work in gk802 and get it in
an usable state? otherwise I'd say we should drop it and it can be
readd when we have someone to proper maintain it.