[meta-freescale] [RFC] default u-boot

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Thu Oct 10 09:28:22 PDT 2013

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 1:12 PM, Daiane Angolini
<daiane.angolini at freescale.com> wrote:
> On 10/10/2013 11:26 AM, Eric Nelson wrote:
>>> u-boot-fslc is our recipe that points to "trye main-line U-Boot". It's
>>> hosted on github only to keep some needed backport patches.
>>>

>> IOW, the same thing we use ours for. If it makes things easier, we could
>> push a 'boundary' branch there when we update things.
>

> <3
>
> I think it would be perfect =D
> (if not for Dora, absolutely for 1.6)
>
> Otavio, what do you think?

I am not sure; I think the u-boot-boundary gives the clear notion it
is something done by Bondary. If we'd use u-boot-fslc we'd need to
have the changes in same branch as used by other boards or it loses
its meaning.

My goal with u-boot-fslc is to have a /single/ u-boot for most boards;
so it is essentially U-Boot mainline plus bugfixes; supporting
multiple branches for different boards I think it will confuse people.

It seems the best would be if, instead of pushing to our u-boot GIT,
it had regular updates in the u-boot-boundary recipes and point to
newer revisions.

Please don't take it as written in stone, it is just my current point of view.