[meta-freescale] [RFC] default u-boot

Daiane Angolini daiane.angolini at freescale.com
Thu Oct 10 05:47:31 PDT 2013

On 10/09/2013 10:59 PM, Eric Nelson wrote:
> Hi Daiane,
>
> On 10/09/2013 05:28 PM, Daiane Angolini wrote:
>> What's the default u-boot version for gk802???
>>
>> The provider is u-boot-imx6dongle, but I cannot see the u-boot version
>> from its github source code.
>>
>> I would like to know what's the plan to add gk802 support on
>> u-boot-fslc (mainline).
>>

>> Is the default version for nitrogen and sabrelite (u-boot-boundary)
>> 2013.01?
>>
> No. The current release of u-boot-boundary is 2013.07:
>      http://boundarydevices.com/u-boot-2013-07-release/

Thanks, I changed the docs already.

> The sources are in our Github repository (production branch is
> what we're currently shipping with boards);
>      https://github.com/boundarydevices/u-boot-imx6/tree/production
>
> We try to keep this in-line with true main-line U-Boot, but use
> it as a staging area so we can be a bit more responsive to customer
> needs. The primary deltas at this point are additional boards
> (nit6xlite is not yet in main-line), support for additional
> displays, and support for custom boards.

I used your last sentence to make a description. Please, take a look on
https://github.com/Freescale/Documentation/blob/master/release-notes/source/u-boot.rst

And let me know if you want to change anything.

>> I would like to know what's the plan to add both support on u-boot-fslc
>>
> I have to admit that I've never looked at u-boot-fslc. I thought it was
> only used for PPC boards.

u-boot-fslc is our recipe that points to "trye main-line U-Boot". It's
hosted on github only to keep some needed backport patches.

>> Today, I can see we have 4 u-boot providers:
>>
>> u-boot-imx -> freescale
>> u-boot-fslc -> mainline
>> u-boot-boundary - boundary (for nitrogen)
>      (and SABRE Lite and Nitrogen6-Lite)
>> u-boot-imx6dongle -> ???????
>>
>> Could someone send me a small description of u-boot-boundary and
>> u-boot-imx6dongle? Just like I already have for u-boot-imx and
>> u-boot-fslc from
>> http://freescale.github.io/doc/release-notes/1.4/index.html#document-u-boot
>>
>> ?
>>
> I'll take a look at that when I have some more time to spend.
>
> Regards,
>

> Eric

Thanks a lot,
--