[meta-freescale] How to convert QA error to warning ?

Jose Mª Ferreiro jose.ferreiro at horus.es
Mon Oct 7 02:16:26 PDT 2013

Hi Otavio

El 05/10/2013 20:12, Otavio Salvador escribió:
> On Sat, Oct 5, 2013 at 6:12 AM, Diego Sueiro <diego.sueiro at gmail.com> wrote:
>> In recipe put the following :
>>
>> INSANE_SKIP_${PN} = "installed-vs-shipped"
>>
>> Explanation :
>> http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#ref-classes-insane
> This is a workaround and it'd be better if you guys could help fixing
> this error and send the patch for meta-oe mailing list for review.
> This way you also contribute back to the Yocto community.

We report on yocto mailing-list a similar error for dbus on
meta-toolchain-qt image. I think the problem must be the same: something
in the recipe/module source is wrong and bitbake is trying to ship the
files to the host root file system instead of the directory where the
image is building.

The problem is that, we being a newbies with not many time, we were not
able to find were the difference was with dylan-toolchain-dbus. It is
working there (at last an error is not launched).

We even google-found that the dbus problem was reported many time ago
but we did not found the solution reported.

If you can give us a tip to where look for the root the problem, we will
give it another try.

Thank you