[meta-freescale] U-Boot issues for a mx28evk based board [was Re: Streaming udp video through mfw_isink]

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Thu Oct 3 12:15:44 PDT 2013

Hello Fernando,

Please when posting, if not replying to a thread, please start a new one.
This makes it easier for people to follow the discussion.

On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 3:24 PM, Fernando Castilho <
fernandocastilho at flexmedia.com.br> wrote:

> I have been testing yocto 1.4.2 (using mx28evk as configuration) lately,
> but I haven't found how to remap a pin from imx287 to work with my board.
> After some struggle, I can boot it, log, access through ssh, use
> application uart0 with minicom (as if I was using the evk).

This seems like you're customizing the mx28evk behavior so in fact you
should start a custom machine.

> I used the pin SAIF1_SDATA0/PWM_7/SAIF0_SDATA1/GPIO3_26 (E8) to reset the
> Phys (instead of  ENET0_RX_CLK/ENET0_RX_ER/ENET0_1588_EVENT2_IN/GPIO4_13
> (F3) as drawn on the imx28evk)
> I tried without success to patch uboot (changing iomux.c and mx28evk.c,
> making patch files to apply the changes - it looked like the process was
> ok, but the result wasn't as I hoped).

Yes; I usually work in this  kind of problem using a toolchain, crafted
using Yocto, so I can try things out before integrating them into the build
system.

> Another issue that I have been facing: my Phys are using the addresses 1
> and 2 (they can't use 0 as mii address, hardware limitation - from the chip
> manufacturer) but in Uboot console's "mii info" tells me that I have 3 Phys
> (0, 1, 2) and I realized that 0 is a clone from 2 - when Phy 2 is linked,
> Phy 0 and Phy 2 shows the change of state. It looks like a bug, but the
> first problem has some priority right now...
>
> Can someone please point me the way?

This is not on-topic of this list as this is a list for Yocto BSP issues
and not U-Boot development.

So my advice is to try to check what is wrong and if you still have
problems try the U-Boot mailing list.