[meta-freescale] [ANN] FSL Test Plan Announcement 1.5

Daiane Angolini daiane.angolini at freescale.com
Thu Oct 3 11:48:37 PDT 2013

We'd like to invite everyone to help us to test the Freescale Community
BSP 1.5 - Dora release.

Please, test your favorite board (or boards), using your favorite image.
We would like to have at least one test for each 35 boards (supported by
both meta-fsl-arm or meta-fsl-arm-extra).

We've made a form which guides you through a small set of steps and help
us to track which boards has been tested. Please, make sure you know the
packages needed for some tests listed at top of form.

If you have any other question you want to be include in the test form,
please, let us know.
The '1.5' is being developed in the 'dora' branch, so use this branch
for the tests (please do not send reports for 'master' branch, any
error/bug on master should be reported on mailing list).

We'll be receiving and reviewing the test results until Oct 20th 2013.
However please start the tests as soon as you can, so we can have the
most solid release as possible. The release will be done together with
the Yocto release (planned for Oct 18th 2013) and any issues found (if
applicable) will need to be fixed for the 1.5 point releases (1.5.1,
1.5.2, ...).

The goal test plan for this release is:

MUST HAVE:
* all 35 boards MUST reach the user space prompt
* all 35 boards MUST have some[1] stability
* all IMX6 boards MUST have X11 up and running accelerated

SHOULD HAVE:
* all boards SHOULD play at least one movie
* all boards SHOULD encode at least one kind of movie
* all boards SHOULD have minimal kernel defconfig enabled by default
(USB/SDcard/aplay)

BONUS POINT:
* all IMX6 boards SHOULD have GPU and VPU support for both SFP and HFP
* all board SHOULD have overnight stability[2]

We need your help to accomplish our test goals and we don't have enough
manpower resources to do it all by ourselves. We count on the community
to help on this.

Please, report any bug/error to mailing list, we will discuss
case-by-case and create needed bug report.

After the test cycle, we will include the summary of the test result on
the release notes so we can start to build credibility by showing our
test results for all the boards, giving to users and partners a central
place for checking for expected behavior, and known issues, for a
specific board.

[1] some stability now is defined as being alive during the form tests
[2] overnight stability now is defined by the board being alive after
more than 10 hours testing memtester 50M (last question from form, Bonus
Point)

Regards,
Daiane