[meta-freescale] Request to integrate freescale i.mx 3.10.9-1.0.0 alpha release into dora branch of meta-fsl-arm

Post Lauren-RAA013 RAA013 at freescale.com
Wed Oct 2 11:40:48 PDT 2013

Just to be clear.

3.0.35 is not going to be removed.

3.10.9-1.0.0_alpha will replace 3.5.7-1.0.0_alpha on the dora branch.

At some point in 2014 after community consensus and 3.10 is a GA kernel we hope to replace 3.0.35 with 3.10 but that is next year and we'll have this alpha, beta release to make sure it is acceptable to transition.   Unfortunately we don't have resources internally to test the community 3.0.35 kernel with non-kernel 3.10.9-1.0.0 packages.  I've done just a sanity test to make sure it works.

Components that are updated
- Multimedia upgraded to 3.0.9 and vpu wrapper upgraded to 1.0.40
- Graphics packages updated with Weston and window performance fixes on p12
- Kernel for 3.10.9
- uboot-imx - fixes and updates to support imx6slevk (yes I know this is forked)
- imx-test updated to fix build breaks on Yocto
(note there is one epdc test that requires a name change to build on 3.0.35 -
Otavio has this change).
- imx-lib has vpu removed so is back to LGPLv2 license
(this change was part of 3.0.35-4.1.0 release)
- imx-vpu created as separate component because it has different licensing.
(Daiane is working on mx53 similar solution)
- machine files updated for additional device trees for various pin configurations
- wayland-Weston, cogl and clutter updated for Weston-wayland builds

Most of the patches have been submitted and are undergoing review process.

Lauren Post
i.MX Yocto Team Lead