[meta-freescale] Issues using meta-freescale i.MX6 vs LTIB ?

Alex J Lennon ajlennon at dynamicdevices.co.uk
Wed Oct 2 07:02:59 PDT 2013

On 02/10/2013 14:37, Daiane Angolini wrote:
> On 10/02/2013 10:12 AM, Alex J Lennon wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to qualify a decision to use Yocto / meta-freescale for an
>> upcoming
>> i.MX6 board variant (based on the Sabre reference) instead of using the
>> officially supported release based on LTIB.
>>
>> My preference is strongly for the Yocto/OpenEmbedded build environment,
>> for various reasons, but I understand that the Freescale i.MX6 BSP is
>> not
>> officially supported at this time.
>>
>> Knowing the experience and activity levels of the people working via
>> these
>> lists, I suspect that meta-freescale is by now significantly ahead of
>> the current
>> release of LTIB.
>>
>> That said I wonder if there are any known issues with using
>> meta-freescale
>> which might give me pause, and cause me to use LTIB at this time?
>
> You can see all current known issues here
> https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=meta-fsl-arm&list_id=105732
>

> As you may know, the last LTIB release from Freescale was 3.0.35_4.1.0.

Thanks Daiane,

I guess what I'm really asking is, what are the drawbacks and
limitations (just just bugs per-se)
with using the current under-development i.MX6 OpenEmbedded BSP vs the
released LTIB BSP

Maybe to put it another way, functionally is there a roadmap for where
the i.MX6 BSP is at
and what isn't yet working or supported. Presumably there are things
that are not working
or supported or FSL would be offically supporting at this time...?

> And, as already said in ML, next release 3.10.9_1.0.0 will be Yocto

Apparently so :) I just wasn't sure whether I could mention that yet,
but as you already have... ;)

> ;-)
>

>> Thanks for your advice,
>>
>> Alex Lennon
>> Director
>> Dynamic Devices Ltd

Dynamic Devices Ltd <http://www.dynamicdevices.co.uk/>

Alex J Lennon / Director
1 Queensway, Liverpool L22 4RA

mobile: +44 (0)7956 668178

Linkedin <http://www.linkedin.com/in/alexjlennon> Skype
<skype:alexjlennon?add>

This e-mail message may contain confidential or legally privileged
information and is intended only for the use of the intended
recipient(s). Any unauthorized disclosure, dissemination, distribution,
copying or the taking of any action in reliance on the information
herein is prohibited. E-mails are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to
be error free as they can be intercepted, amended, or contain viruses.
Anyone who communicates with us by e-mail is deemed to have accepted
these risks. Company Name is not responsible for errors or omissions in
this message and denies any responsibility for any damage arising from
the use of e-mail. Any opinion and other statement contained in this
message and any attachment are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of the company.