[meta-freescale] Request to integrate freescale i.mx 3.10.9-1.0.0 alpha release into dora branch of meta-fsl-arm

Post Lauren-RAA013 RAA013 at freescale.com
Tue Oct 1 09:34:33 PDT 2013

Yocto i.MX community,

We are preparing a 3.10.9-1.0.0 alpha release to replace the 3.5.7-1.0.0 alpha release.   I'd like to get this merged into the dora branch and wish to submit patches this week before the master/dora branches are forked.   Our release will support all mx6 freescale boards including imx6slevk

Since the Yocto i.MX community has a 3.10 fslc community kernel, parts of our 3.10.9 release will probably fix issues that have been posted regarding builds that need the uapi header include.

I've done a small sanity test and verified the 3.10.9-1.0.0 graphics packages from this release on mx6 work on 3.0.35 mx6 with the community uboot.  This graphics package supports improvements in window performance beyond the 3.5.7 and 3.0.35-4.1.0 releases.

Otavio requested for the community to approve this change since the dora branch is being finalized in next 2 weeks.  I'll be upstreaming patches to master-next this week so they can be tested by end of the week.  Please reply to this email if you have a concern with integrating 3.10.9-1.0.0 into the dora branch.

Thanks,
Lauren Post
i.MX Yocto Team Lead