[meta-freescale] OpenCV OCL module Support on IMX6q

Sébastien Taylor me at staylor.ca
Fri Nov 29 08:59:07 PST 2013

We have found that various issues with the Vivante OpenCL driver cause it to not be a great candidate for video processing.  The memory sharing is inconsistent and implicit copies have unreasonable CPU overhead.  Having said that we have implement a handful of algorithms using OpenGL shaders with good performance, again Vivante driver issues provide sub-optimal results but in this case they’re good enough to be worth the extra effort.

Freescale is aware of these issues, but I think they’re mostly at the mercy of Vivante providing fixes from my understanding.