[meta-freescale] Vivante drivers and VSync in EGL/X11

Carlos Rafael Giani dv at pseudoterminal.org
Tue Nov 26 04:44:20 PST 2013

Hello,

I noticed that the current Vivante GPU drivers are pretty basic with
regards to buffering, page-flipping etc. When I run a fullscreen X11
EGL/GLES2 application, screen tearing is clearly visible. Explicitely
calling eglSwapInterval() with value 1 does not help - in fact, this
call is completely ignored.

Tearing is very bad for animated user interfaces. I know there is
functionality at kernel level to sync to the screen refresh rate, but
the Vivante drivers would have to make use of it. Is there any more
information on this problem? Perhaps some not-yet-released but announced
drivers with vsync support?

cheers,
   Carlos